Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house because (1) I had never used my china. And (2) we have never had a meal in our dining room, so I figured it was time to finally do both of those things! Thankfully our Thanksgivings are small affairs, with my parents, brother, Brian, Gabby and me. It was my second time to prepare a turkey, and really, I have found that as long as you are watching the clock, the turkey is the easy part. It is much more difficult to work on having the sides ready at a time close to the turkey.

I think my favorite part of Thanksgiving are the traditions. Ours aren't anything fancy, but my brother and I always watch the parade and football (of course!) and we eat from breakfast through the turkey dinner. And honestly, we could probably do without the turkey dinner because breakfast and snacks are plenty!

This year, just like every year, we have a lot to be thankful for.
1. Everyone is healthy and happy.

2. Gabby is thriving and becoming more crazy than ever!

3. Brian is a loving husband and father.

4. We have very supportive families.

5. Our warm home.

6. We are employed.

7. Wonderful friends.

8. Even though he hasn't been as included as he used to be, Sam is the most loyal friend a family could ask for.

9. Our freedom and safety.

10. The day after Thanksgiving bargains that you can get just as easily at 10:00am as you can at 4:00am.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment